Went to see Ralph Breaks the Internet. Here are my thoughts:
- I didn’t watch the first one, yet I wasn’t lost.
- The way all these characters interact in the power strip and visit other games is so clever. It’s clearly inspired by Grand Central Station in New York and it works beautifully for the film.
- The pairing of John C. Reily with Sarah Silverman works so well. As a big fan of both of them, it’s great to see the chemistry between them.
- The imagination involved in creating a world around the internet is beyond me. I was so pleasantly surprised with how things even as annoying as popups were portrayed.
- Ralph Breaks the Internet makes the web feel like a great place. In many ways, the internet I wish was real.
- There are moments when I resent that Disney owns some of my favorite properties (like when I felt completely gouged at Disney World). The cameos made possible by that in this movie however, were fantastic.
- Vanellope’s song brought a tear to my eye.
- It’s important to have a teaching moment in a movie aimed at kids, and this one definitely has it.
If you haven’t watched Ralph Breaks the Internet, or were planning on skipping it altogether, I wholeheartedly recommend it. No matter your age, I’m sure you’ll enjoy it.