Every Wednesday, new comic books hit the shelves with new stories to be engrossed in, and new art to be fascinated by. This is my weekly write-up where I share what comic books I read last week, and my pull list of comics for this week.
What I read last week
- Bully Wars #4 - As usual, the art is breath taking in each of these issues. I’m constantly taken aback by the detail. If you don’t look closely at each panel, you’ll miss something (like the comic book shop scene in this one).
- Deadpool #7 - Holy moly. What a dark story.
- Martian Manhunter #1 - Really excited about this 12-issue series. I don’t know much about J’onn J’onzz, but I’m intrigued to find out more. Maybe a quick read on Wikipedia would me out. Also, there’s some alien sex in this issue which is… interesting. Adding Martian Manhunter to my pull list.
- Shazam! #1 - Like I mentioned last week, I’m not very familiar with Shazam other than what I saw in the movie trailer. Thankfully it didn’t really matter. The story was easy to get into, and it even had some laugh-out-loud moments. Another DC title going on my pull list.
- Star Wars: Age of Republic - Qui-Gon Jinn #1 - I’m pretty bummed to find out this is a one-off story. Either way, the issue was a fun read. Qui-Gon is a character begging for more story. While not necessarily a rebel, he marches to the beat of his own drum. Instead of just falling in line or following the rules blindly, he’s not afriad to question the Jedi Council. I really hope we get more of him, no matter the medium.
Favorite of the week: Shazam! #1
Picking up this week
- The Amazing Spider-Man #11 - Ryan Ottley is back on art. I’m enjoying the hell out of this book.
- Batman Annual #3 - Tom Taylor is writing, so I’m buying.
- Detective Comics #994 - New creative team on this title with Peter J. Tomasi writing. The story arc has me intrigued.
- Oblivion Song #10 - Last issue ended on such a huge cliffhanger, and honestly, was a twist I didn’t expect at all. Really looking forward to reading this one.
- X-Men: Red #11 - Last issue of this series. I’m sad to see it end. A big thanks to Tom Taylor for creating an X-Men series I fell in love with.